SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021 Notification: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has finally big recruitment notification for the post of Constable (General Duty) and Rifleman (General Duty) Posts in the employment newspaper dated 17 July to 23 July 2021. Huge number of vacancies are announced by the commission this year. SSC GD Constable Registration will start from tomorrow i.e. on 17 July 2021. SSC Constable Recruitment 2021 Application Link will be available till 31 August 2021 on official website of SSC i.e. ssc.go.in.
SSC GD Recruitment will be done for a total of 25271 vacancies in Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), National Investigation Agency (NIA) & Secretariat Security Force (SSF) and in Assam Rifles.
Candidates seeking to apply for SSC GD Constable 2021 should be 10th class passed. The age of the candidates should be between 18 years to 23 years (expected) . Candidates who successfully apply for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2021 will be called for computer based SSC GD Constable Exam. SSC will soon release Constable GD Exam Dates. Earlier, SSC GD Constable Exam was scheduled to be held from 02 to 25 August 2021.
More details on SSC Constable Recruitment such as salary, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus, application process etc. below:
SSC GD Constable Important Dates
|SSC GD Constable Notification Date||16 July 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Application Date||17 July 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Registration Last Date||31 August 2021|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||04 September 2021|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank):||07 September 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Exam Date||to release later|
|SSC GD Constable Answer Key Date||To be announced|
|SSC GD Constable Result Date||To be announced|
|SSC GD Constable PST PET Date||To be announced|
SSC GD Constable Vacancy Details
- Constable (GD)
- Rifleman (GD)
Force and Category Wise Vacancy Details
SSC GD Constable Salary
Pay Level-3 Rs 21700- 69100/-
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria
Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board/ University
SSC GD Constable Age Limit
18 to 23 Years
SSC GD Constable Selection Process
The selection will be done on the basis of:
Stage 1 – SSC GD Constable Online Exam:
All candidates whose online applications are found to be in order will be called to appear in the Computer Based Examination (CBE).
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern
There will be 100 questions on:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25||1 hour and 30 min|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
SSC GD Constable Cut-Off Marks
- General and Ex-servicemen – 35%
- SC/ ST/ OBC – 33%
SSC GD Constable Syllabus
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non- verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- Elementary Mathematics: This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
- English/ Hindi: Candidates’ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi and his basic comprehension would be tested.
SSC Constable GD Admit Card will be uploaded on the website of the concerned Regional Offices of the Commission in the month of at least one week before the examination ( las week of July 2021).
A merit list seperately for men and women shall be released in the official website.
Stage 2: SSC GD Constable Physical Test
The candidates who will qualify in the online will be called for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST) conducted at various centres finalized by the CAPFs.
SSC GD Constable PET
- Male – 5 Kms in 24 minutes
- Female – 1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes
For candidates of Ladakh Region:
- Male – 1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes
- Female – 800 metres in 4 minutes
SSC GD Constable PST
- General Male candidates – 170 cm
- General Female candidates – 157 cm
- ST Male candidates – 162.5 cm
- ST Female Candidates – 150 cm
- General, SC & OBC male candidates – 80/5
- ST – 76/5
Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
Stage 3: SSC GD Constable Medical Exam
SSC GD Constable Detailed Medical Examination (DME):
Candidates who qualify PET/ PST will be called for Detailed Medical Examination (DME) which includes Eye-Sight Check-up, Medical Test (X-Ray) chest-PA view, Haemoglobin, Urine routine/ microscopic examination etc.
Review medical examination (RME):
Candidates can produce a piece of evidence about the possibility of an error of judgment in the decision of Initial Medical Board/ Recruiting Medical Officer, who had examined him/ her in the first instance i.e. DME.f the appeal of a candidate is accepted by CAPF Appellate Authority, his/ her Review Medical Examination will be conducted by CAPF RME Board. The Decision of the CAPF’s Review Medical Boards will be final. No appeal will be entertained against the finding of the second medical i.e. Review Medical Exam.
How to Apply for SSC GD Constable 2021 ?
Online application can be submitted by clicking on ‘Apply’ link provided at ssc.nic.in->Apply->’GD-Constable’ from 17 July to 31 August 2021.
- General Male – Rs. 100/-
- Female/SC/ST/Ex-serviceman – No Fee
SSC GD 2021 Recruitment is going to occur after 2018. In 2018, SSC GD Recruitment was done to fill 60210 vacancies. The final result was announced in the month of January 2021 in which a total of 55915 candidates ( Male-47582, Female-8333 ) are selected for the post of Constable (GD) and Rifleman (GD).