WB Police Recruitment 2022: West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) is looking to recruit male and female candidates for Constable and Lady Constable Posts respectively under Kolkata Police. A total of 1666 vacant posts are available out of which 1410 are for Constable Posts and 256 vacancies are for Ladt Constable.
Table of Contents
Candidates interested in Kolkata Police Recruitment 2022 should be a Madhyamik Examination Passed by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
The board will start the online application process on 29 May 2022. Candidates will be required to submit their application form latest by 27 June 2022 on wbpolice.gov.in.
The candidates will be recruited on the basis of qualifying for the Preliminary Written Test which will act as a screening examination followed by the Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Final Written Examination, and Interview to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
WB Police Constable Important Dates
- Starting Date of WB Police Constable Application – 29 May 2022
- Last Date of WB Police Constable Application – 27 June 2022
- Editing Application Date – 01 July to 07 July 2022
WB Police Constable Job Summary
|Notification||WB Police Constable Recruitment 2022: 1666 Vacancies Available under Kolkata Police|
|Notification Date||26 May 2022|
|Last Date of Submission||27 June 2022|
|Organization||West Bengal Police|
WB Police Constable Vacancy Details
- Constable – 1410
- Lady Constable – 256
WB Police Constable Eligibility Criteria
Passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- The applicant must be able to speak, read and write the Bengali language, provided that the provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of
Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts.
- For the applicant of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts, the provisions laid down in the West Bengal Official Language Act, 1961 (West Ben. Act XXIV of 1961) shall be applicable.
18 to 27 years
WB Police Constable 2022 Selection Process
The selection will be done on the basis of:
- Preliminary Written Test – 100 Marks
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Final Written Exam – 85 Marks
- Interview – 15 Marks
WB Police Constable Exam Pattern 2022
- There would be 100 objective-type questions on General Awareness and General Knowledge (40 Marks), Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) (30 Marks), and Reasoning (30 Marks). The duration of this test will be 1 hour. The question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali).
- ¼th of the allotted marks for a particular question will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
WB Police Constable PET 2022
- Constable – 1600 meters distance run for 6 minutes 30 seconds
- Lady Constable – 800 meters distance run for 4 minutes 30 seconds
WB Police Constable Final Written Test 2022
- The Final Written Examination will have 85 Multiple Choice Objective Types carrying 1 mark each. The duration of the examination will be 1 hour.
- The question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali) except for questions in the English language.
WB Police Application Fee 2022
- All categories except SC/ST – Rs. 170/-
- SC – Rs 20/-
- ST – Rs. 20/-