WCL Graduate/ Technician Apprentice Recruitment 2023 notification: Western Coal Limited seeks to fill a total of 316 seats for Graduate/Technical apprenticeships. The organization is accepting online applications for this. Interested and Eligible candidates have to register themselves under the NATS portal before submitting their application. It is to be noted that no other mode of application shall be accepted. The last date for submission of the application is September 16, 2023.
Table of Contents
Western Coalfields Limited (WCL) is a subsidiary of Coal India Limited, a leading company in the coal mining sector. WCL is a certified Human Resource Development company with a commitment to providing apprenticeship training to aspiring candidates.
WCL Apprentice Important Dates:
- Online application starts on 01/09/2023 (10:00 AM)
- Last date for online web application: 16/09/2023 (05:00 PM)
WCL Graduate/ Technician Apprentice Job Summary:
Online applications are invited for the engagement of Graduate/Technician Apprentices at Western Coalfields Limited under the provisions of the Apprentices Act 1961. The apprenticeship training will be for a period of one year.
WCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023: Vacancy Details:
Here are the details of the apprenticeship seats:
|S.N.||Apprenticeship Trade||Number of Seats||Eligibility/Qualification|
|1||Graduate Apprentice||101||Full-time Degree course (BE / B.Tech. / AMIE) in Mining Engineering from recognized institutions and enrolled at NATS portal.|
|2||Technician Apprentice||215||Full-time Diploma in Mining Engineering or Mining & Mine Surveying from recognized institutions and enrolled at NATS portal.|
WCL Graduate/ Technician Apprentice Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must not have passed the qualifying examination before 28/02/2021.
- Must not have undertaken any previous training as part of an apprenticeship program (except as a Sandwich student).
- Must not be currently undergoing apprenticeship training at any establishment.
- Must not be employed elsewhere.
- Must not be undergoing any regular course of study as a regular candidate from any educational institute.
- Must not have been provided with one year of practical training after completing the qualifying examination (Degree/Diploma) in any mine.
- Must be at least 18 years old on 16/09/23.
- Must be found fit in the initial medical examination.
- Graduate Apprentice: Rs. 9,000/- per month
- Technician Apprentice: Rs. 8,000/- per month
(Note: No other allowances/benefits will be provided.)
Period of Apprenticeship Training:
The apprenticeship training period will be 12 months from the commencement of the Contract of Apprenticeship.
Reservation will be provided as per the provisions of the Apprentices Act, 1961 (amended) and Apprenticeship Rules 1992 (amended).
How to Apply for WCL Graduate/ Technician Apprentice:
- Eligible candidates must register themselves on the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) web portal (www.mhrdnats.gov.in).
- After registering on NATS, candidates must apply using the web application form available on the official WCL portal (www.westerncoal.in) before the last date of submission.
- The candidate’s choice of area for training does not guarantee selection; it will be allotted by WCL management based on availability.
Selection Procedure for Graduate/ Technician Apprentice:
Selection will be based on the percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. The order of priority for verification of original certificates will be as follows:
- First Priority: NATS Enrolment Number of candidates from Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- Second Priority: Candidates from Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Daman Diu, and other states of BOAT Mumbai (Western Zone).
- Third Priority: Candidates from other states.
Document verification, medical examination, and merit will determine the final selection.
- Candidates should ensure they meet the eligibility criteria and have enrolled on the apprenticeship portal.
- All notifications will be sent through the official website or registered email.
- No TA/DA will be provided for any stage of the engagement process.
- Suppression of facts will lead to disqualification.
- WCL reserves the right to change the number of seats and modify the engagement process.
- Selected candidates will be engaged as apprentices at different WCL units.
- No accommodation or food will be provided.
- Apprentices are entitled to leave and holidays as observed in the establishment where they undergo training.